Ball Hydrocarbon AeroGMT
We are now entering the realm of expensive, but highly-crafted watches with the Ball AeroGMT. This watch uses its own Tritium-based tubes which like all others, illuminates without sunlight and for up to 2 years.
They are also 10x brighter than standard lume, so easy to read in the dark. There are actually 43 of these tubes on the hour, minute, second time zone hands, dial, and bezel.
This particular model is a GMT model, meaning it can keep up to 3 timezones, using the second hour hand and the dual-directional hour marker bezel. Just like the Rolex GMT Master II if you are familiar with it.
Everything about this watch is high-end, from the scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, the in-house automatic (self-winding) movement (Caliber: BALL RR1201-C).
So, if you have your heart set on getting one of the best luminous watches around, this is definitely in the top five!
- Constant Illumination: Tritium gas tubes
- Automatic caliber BALL RR1201-C
- Anti-scratch sapphire crystal
- Date window at 3 o'clock
- 3 timezone GMT function
- Patented crown protection
- Stainless steel case and band (optional rubber band)
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft)
- Case size: 42mm x 13.85mm